Scuba diving off Langkawi Island

Monday, October 12, 2009

Fractional CO2 Laser Resurfacing

The new gold standard in skin resurfacing that is safe for most skin types delivering dramatic ablative clinical results with minimal discomfort:
- #1 Antiaging Breakthrough according to WebMD
- Outperforms any non-CO2 based laser and device
- Powerfully reverses 5-10 years of skin aging, wrinkles, sun spots
- Dramatically reduces old acne and trauma related scarring
- Significantly minimizes risk of future development of skin cancers
- Effectively decreases dyschromia such as freckles and melasma

The old CO2 Laser Resurfacing had been the gold standard in skin resurfacing for the past couple decades as it achieved unparallel smoothness and reduction of wrinkle that no other modality can match. However, it has fallen out of favor because of significant pain requiring general anesthesia and substantial down time with the complexion appearing bloody raw for at least couple weeks.

The FRACTIONAL technology delivers the CO2 laser energy in a pixel like fashion where microscopic holes 0.3mm are punched into the skin right next to each other via computer-generated pattern. This fractionated CO2 laser technology delivers microscopic columns of 10600nm CO2 laser energy across the skin barrier, penetrating 20% of skin surface area right next to each other. The other 80% of non-ablated skin surface areas facilitate faster healing.

Fraxel, Pixel, and Pearl lasers have the right idea of fractionated laser delivery but with the wrong wavelengths thus requiring 5 treatments and inferior clinical outcome compared with ONE treatment of fractional CO2 laser technology.

A recent study confirmed that the fractional CO2 deep dermal ablation resulted in collagen remodeling for at least three months after treatment, as determined by immunohistochemical analysis of heat shock proteins.

Energy of Fractional CO2 Laser mushrooms in the papillary dermis
--> Skin Tightening --> Continual Collagen Production up to 6 months

As a result, Fractional CO2 Laser Resurfacing achieves true resurfacing efficacy with comfort:

Simply outperforms any non-CO2 based laser and device for skin rejuvenation
Relatively short downtime, typically 4-6 days.

Minimal discomfort as only topical anesthetics needed for most individuals; mild sedation for additional comfort available for patients with transportation
Safe and effective for virtually all skin surface areas including face, neck, chest, back, arms and hands.

Potentially may pay for the procedure itself with less need of fillers for wrinkles and age lines, not to mention much less risk of skin cancers

Cosmetic appearance continues to improve with stimulation of collagen production up to 6 months after procedure.

Fractional CO2- Acne Scar

UV Image Fractional Laser

Ref: Dr William Ting, MD